Posted in Kafevend Blog
Green, yellow, black, white, red, blue... There's a whole rainbow of teas out there and if you haven't yet tasted them, we hope our quiz will provide you with a little background information and whet your appetite at the same time!
1. Which of these processes will determine whether a tea is black, white, green or yellow?
2. What extra process is yellow tea subjected to?
A-the tea leaves are left to dry out in the sun B-the tea leaves are infused with saffron
C-the tea leaves are placed under a damp cloth D- the tea leaves are fermented
3. Which of these white teas has the finest reputation of all?
A- silver needle B-white peony
C-tribute eyebrow D-long life eyebrow
4. What is the name of the mechanised process for producing black tea?
A- wilt, crush, dry B- crush, tear, curl
C- wilt, steam, ferment D- roll, dry, curl
5. Does the name orange pekoe refer to the tea's...
6. Which of the following teas is also known as blue tea?
7. Where is black tea known as red tea?
8. Where does matcha, the powdered green tea, come from?
C-China D-Sri Lanka